Frequently Asked Questions

ACP stands for Aluminium Composite Panel. The standard ACP has LDPE as core material, which is sandwiched between two Aluminium skins.

  1. Top Skin - Coated Aluminium Coil (either PVDF or Polyester Coated)
  2. Central Core - Commonly Low Density Poly Ethylene (LDPE), which is Thermoplastic
  3. Bottom Skin - Service Coated / Chromated / Mill Finished Aluminium Coil.
  4. Adhesive film or special type of glue is used for bonding LDPE core with Aluminium skins.

Adhesive film is generally made out of grafted polymers and such as LLDPE / LDPE resin.

  1. Standard ACP - LDPE core is either made-up of recycled, virgin grades or by mixing recycled & virgin resin grades
  2. FR ACP - Fire Retardant LDPE compound is used as core and meets DIN 4102 – 1: B1 rating
  3. Non-combustible ACP - Inorganic mineral filled material as core which meets DIN 4102– 1: A2 rating

  1. Thickness: 2-6mm
  2. Width: upto 1550mm
  3. Length: upto 6100mm
  4. Custom sizes are possible

The PVDF paint is formulated with 70% PVDF and the remaining 30% is Acrylic polymer. The entire polymer phase (PVDF + Acrylic) is dispersed in solvents such as esters / ketones. It is critical to use 70% of PVDF to meet the desired weathering performance.

Sr. No. Properties PVDF Polyester
1. Weather Resistance Excellent Good
2. Flexibility Excellent Good
3. Coating thickness 25micron min 16micron min
4. Resistance to chemicals Excellent Good
5. Recommended use Excellent 120

As per the specifications laid down by American Architectural Manufacturers Association (AAMA) for ‘High Performance Organic Coatings on Coil Coated Architectural Aluminium Substrates’ in AAMA 620, the minimum DFT is 23 microns, so as to meet the desired performance parameters. Yes, it will remain nearly same on entire surface of ACP.

  • 1100 – It is a grade which has 99% Aluminium and has good formability.
  • 3003/3105 – is an alloy with Manganese, which gives good formability and better mechanical properties. S
  • 5005 – is an alloy with Magnesium, which gives good formability and better mechanical properties.
  • By adjusting the temper, the mechanical properties of different alloys can be matched.

Eva Bond offers two types of alloys, namely 1100 alloy with H18 temper and 3003/ 3105 alloy with H16 temper for its ACP's .

  1. Virgin material has more uniform properties in terms of melt flow characteristics than recycled material.
  2. Virgin material offers better flexibility compared to recycled material.
  3. In case of ACP , the LDPE is sandwiched between the top and bottom Aluminium skins; hence one can use recycled LDPE having good melt flow characteristics. Eva Bond selects the right grade of recycled LDPE along with virgin LDPE thereby ensuring that the ACP meets the required product parameters.

If unpigmented recycled material is used, it will be close to the colour of virgin material. However, in most cases the recycled LDPE is pigmented in various colours and the most popular one is black.

Eva Bond uses the right mix of Virgin and Recycled LDPE. Eva Bond can also offer ACP with 100% Virgin LDPE.

The softening point of LDPE is approximately 90 ºC and the melting point is in the range of 110 - 120 ºC.

Regular ACP will not propagate the flame. But due to prolonged heat if the LDPE becomes soft and starts dripping, then the fire will continue as the melted LDPE will burn.